Attending: Gord Rideout, John Ashton, Barry MacDonald, Earl Tubrett, Carson Duncan, Michael Scott, Gary Rideout, Jill Humphries, Ruth MacLagan, Terry Grant, Ervin Robertson
1. Junior Invitational 8 July 2009…as of tonight here are only 14 entries,
As a result we are canceling it. No real indication as to why so few entries
but some inquiries have revealed that posters were not put up at some clubs.
Entries will be refunded.
2. Ladies Field Day 2 July 2009…….cancelled due to weather and poor course conditions as a result of al the rain. Re scheduled to 28 July. Those not wishing to play will have their entries refunded.
3. Junior Coordinator..Evan Mickey is our Jr. Coordinator for 2009. He was the only applicant for the position. As a result of him having summer employment elsewhere, we did not qualify for the grant as we have in years gone by. He has agreed to work modified hours and we will pay him from Club funds. It is anticipated that he will be working between 15-20 hours per week.
4. Junior Golf…….as it stands right now we have 12 kids entered in the Future Links program. Evan to try and recruit more. Discussion was held regarding club paying for Junior entry fees in tournaments. It was agreed that we would pay for one tournament entry per Junior, exclusive of the Junior Pro Am.
5. Lots of discussion about issues at the Club House that Gord will address with Mr. Hudson. Early closure of the club house, club room being locked therefore members can’t have access to computer, prices from concessionaire, quality of burgers at Club Opening, agreements on food pricing for Club Championship, Labor Day and Masters. Report on these issues to follow.
Meeting adjourned 8:00 pm